Longhorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Kalthorn said:
The funny thing is of course - Rockafeller is nothing about Processors, the Power of a Processor is nothing to do with Economics, and public love of a Processor rarely has much to do with Business beyond Advertising.

Hence; although AMD won't go down because they make very good Military Processors, and have lots of money and supporters. They could be beaten by Intel as they have, and are being at the moment. In power especially, and not in gaming only by a faint edge.

This is all very hilarious. Rockefeller had a business model that was particularily schrewd in nature. Listen to me, I know what I'm talking about. "Lets Prey". Set the prices below your competitors and take the bite out of your competitors. A moderate sized company like AMD has taken out the bite out of Intel. Intel is now reporting less and less profits. Intel is not beating AMD, at this point. So please read the facts for once. You need to read. In gaming? WTF are you on anyways? AMD is more powerful in nearly all respects (read the benchmarks and weep).

Giancarlo said:
This is all very hilarious. Rockefeller had a business model that was particularily schrewd in nature. Listen to me, I know what I'm talking about. "Lets Prey". Set the prices below your competitors and take the bite out of your competitors. A moderate sized company like AMD has taken out the bite out of Intel. Intel is now reporting less and less profits. Intel is not beating AMD, at this point. So please read the facts for once. You need to read. In gaming? WTF are you on anyways? AMD is more powerful in nearly all respects (read the benchmarks and weep).
I didn't say they weren't more powerful in gaming! :D I said they were only beating Intel by fractions - tiny fractions! In power; sheer brute and total application Power - Intel Rules in all basicness. Any company can take a bite out of the competition; its quite a nice advert if you sell cookies, but what AMD haven't done it beaten Intel. They have a good public image - far better than Intel's and they aren't beating Intel! Intel's Profit goes down you say, probably true, but AMD's Profits are not up there by any means!

Not that I don't like AMD - I use one - and they make some damn good Military Processors.

why pay more than £50 for the same match of up intel processors. By the means of performance to the cost amd are winning.

Lord Kalthorn said:
I didn't say they weren't more powerful in gaming! :D I said they were only beating Intel by fractions - tiny fractions! In power; sheer brute and total application Power - Intel Rules in all basicness. Any company can take a bite out of the competition; its quite a nice advert if you sell cookies, but what AMD haven't done it beaten Intel. They have a good public image - far better than Intel's and they aren't beating Intel! Intel's Profit goes down you say, probably true, but AMD's Profits are not up there by any means!

Not that I don't like AMD - I use one - and they make some damn good Military Processors.

UH NO. I'm telling you again, you are full of yourself. AMD is the one that takes the lead in sheer brute and total application power. I'm sorry but I'm comparing the Athlon 64 and Pentium 4, not the Athlon XP and Pentium 4. If it was the latter you would be correct. But you are just plain wrong in this case. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are comparing.. tell me again.. you are comparing the Athlon 64 and Pentium 4 and somehow you are saying the Pentium 4 is better in sheer power and total application power? I'm sorry but if that is what you mean, you don't know a damn thing you are talking about. You are totally wrong in this regard. AMD hasn't beaten Intel totally. But they have moderately damaged their profits. I know this because this is what I study. Business models, politics and the like. AMD has one of the best business models on the market and it is very sound. AMD's profits may not go up. But that was the same thing for Standard Oil when it was operated by Rockefeller (now known as Exxon Mobil I believe). He set the prices below the market value, lost money but in the end won. AMD's power is not comparable to Standard oil's power over the market, but it certainly has followed a business model similiar. I'm telling you again, in terms of speed, the AMD 64 is far faster then the Intel. If you dispute that, you don't know anything about computers. If you dispute what I said on the market, you don't know anything about economics.

I don't know anything about economics :p other than those of Scale. I realise the business practices of AMD are sneaky, and extremely good. I don't know anything about Business though; so I try not to talk about it - especially as I also disagree with Open-Market Theory Completely.

However, I will happily tell you, and you can find some benchmarks with disagree if you really want: that the AMD 64 FX-53 3600+ (if you want to be specific with fairly marking these versions), which is still highly expensive, is drastically less in application power and general brute strength than its competitor - of which is not actually that much more price compared to lower end AMDs and their Intel Counterparts - the Pentium 4 Prescott (HT) 3.6Ghz which packs a Meg of Cache.

You don't understand the basics and you don't understand the facts. You have to understand. You are totally wrong about The AMD 64 and Intel. So please shut up now. Take the 64 3000+. It is very affordable and beats a lot of Intel CPUs.

hey ginacarlo, u prat head u start fights everywhere u go, and its making me maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, either stay, have civilzed discussions, or go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom