Difficult to read?

I vote "yes."

But this isn't something you can really measure with a vote.

It's not that 70% of the people here find it hard to read. It's just a simple question of why not make it easier to read for everyone, especially those who might be older, have less-than-perfect vision, or, like myself, simply prefer something easier on the eyes.

Not too many people are going to join a forum because the text "looks cool" but if they can't read it easily they will stay away.

It's also true that the people who have the most trouble with the grey-on-grey text just aren't here anymore to vote.

inimino said:
I vote "yes."

But this isn't something you can really measure with a vote.

It's not that 70% of the people here find it hard to read. It's just a simple question of why not make it easier to read for everyone, especially those who might be older, have less-than-perfect vision, or, like myself, simply prefer something easier on the eyes.

Not too many people are going to join a forum because the text "looks cool" but if they can't read it easily they will stay away.

It's also true that the people who have the most trouble with the grey-on-grey text just aren't here anymore to vote.
I will see what color schemes I can come up with.

Sample text.

David Lindon said:
I will see what color schemes I can come up with.

OK. There also seems to be a vBulletin bug (or a bug in the skin you are using) where the text after a quote never goes back to the original color, making it harder to read than normal.

Edit: which you can see by looking at the "Sample text" above which is darker than this text.

But it's all too light, in my opinion just make it all black. That's what all the bigger forums do.

inimino said:
Sample text.

OK. There also seems to be a vBulletin bug (or a bug in the skin you are using) where the text after a quote never goes back to the original color, making it harder to read than normal.

Edit: which you can see by looking at the "Sample text" above which is darker than this text.

But it's all too light, in my opinion just make it all black. That's what all the bigger forums do.
I see what you mean about the quotes. Would you say the 'sample text' color before is OK to read?

Back
Top Bottom