Comp Crashes

I could do with the motherboard model you have, It will give me an idea where the CPU frequency setting are (or someone else on the forum).

If you look yourself, It maybe where the FSB is set, it will be @ 133 change it to 100 and try it.

Well i have an asrock K87SX if that helps also should i update my bios do u think this would help only i was looking on the manufacturers site and they said about it?

You could update the Bios as it's usually a good thing but, I dont think that's your problem.

From what I can remember about that M/B, you wont be able to under clock it as it detects everything automatically.

I would buy an Akasa 825 carnival cooler. They are cheap and Very good. Install that and see if it makes a difference. I'm sure it will.

Ok i have looked in my bios and found my cpu host speed which is auto detecting at 166mhz i can manually set this but is it safe to do so?. If so how much should i reduce it by.?? Also think im gonna buy the Akasa i check their site looks very good :p
Ty once again..

Manually drop it to 133, this will reduce the speed of both your processor & ram thus, making it run cooler.

The CPU host frequency and the speed are the same thing.

Say you have a cpu that works at 1333Mhz, that would be Cpu host frequency of 133Mhz x 10 = 1333Mhz

Lowering the Fsb (host frequency) to 100Mhz would result in 100Mhz x 10 = 1000Mhz at machine running at 1ghz

Yay it works ok now i had to change the jumpers on the motherboard but i turnt down to 133mhz and no more crashing :D ty all so much for your help im still getting the heatsink and fan combo tho hopefully to avoid future probs.

Back
Top Bottom