how large a hard drive

starsangls49

Solid State Member
hi everyone,
my boyfriend put in a larger hard drive in my computer, but it will not recognize, only half of the 80gigs. what determines, how large of a hard drive a computer will take.

wanda

starsangls49 said:
hi everyone,
my boyfriend put in a larger hard drive in my computer, but it will not recognize, only half of the 80gigs. what determines, how large of a hard drive a computer will take.

wanda

What Operating System are you running and what file systems are using (FAT, FAT32, or NTFS)?

starsangls49 said:
fat32, 133mhz, windows 98se.

That's why you can't support your 80gig hard drive....FAT32 only supports partitions up to 32GB....The only way you can enable all 80GB is through two partitions (or three)....If you wanted to have only one parition using all 80gigs...You would need to be using NTFS (New Technology File System)....But NTFS is only supported in Win NT SP4 or higher, Win2k, and WinXP...........

win98 - stone age

upgrade to xp if you wish to use all the space
you can have the 3 psrtitions buts thats just stupid

stone age ?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER, BUT THATS HURTFUL, AND VERY INCONSIDERATE, OF OTHERS FEELINGS. I am on disability , from a broken back, in an automobile accident caused by a drunk driver, so windows 98se, is all, I can afford. try living off 685.00 dollars a month, young lady. I just asked a simple question, and you , gave a hurtful opinion. but if you don't like people, and think everyone has very expensive computers, you need to go out into poor neighborhoods, and just realize, that some people are not as fortnate as you. maybe you should do volunteer work, for the elderly, and poor young children.

thank you,
wanda

hello matt,
you might be the moderator, but don't you t5hink, calling the lady stupid is a little harsh, when yourself, is probably a son of a bitch. you sound like a godamn fucked up kid, that needs his little ears wiped my his mommy. don't you ever write my wife and tell her she is stupid, you bastard. you fucking brits, are pure chicken shit. in iraq, you get your goddamn heads blow off, and you then you write to my wife when she asks a simple question write me you bastard, my email isd raptorman1946@yahoo.com, if you consider yourself to have balls instead of a pussy.

the stupid comment wasnt towards you

im very sorry to hear of your condition none of this was ment to be offensive and im very sorry if it did

it was more my opinion that having 3 partistions wasnt very good

this was not ment to couse offence

Hello ppl
I am sorry to hear of your troubles-But please try and keep it clean, be aware that Computer Forums have a wide range of audiences, so posting terms like that is stupid, Also please dont take things serious I dont think Matt meant to offend you so lay off :p

yes thank you

it was never ment as in insult towards you

as for the poor comment you have no idea who i am where i live

sorry for the troubles

Back
Top Bottom