AMD or Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
overly gawdy and overwhelming... too much flash!!!

plus the name savrow was a bad term I heard in a movie.

lots of teh parts on that website will confuse people and Ill be teh order process takes forever.

way too much busy all over it. and confusing and the configurator isnt very pbvious and easily overlooked. they also hike up teh price more.

AMD 64's are ultimately the more powerful CPU. They are better at running games, while P4's are better at multitasking and 3d rendering and video editing and all that stuff. So you can't really say which is better when they both are better at different things. Basically, if you are gonna be gaming a lot on your comp, you get an amd 64, if you are someone who makes a lot of videos/movies/art/high graphical stuff or whatever, then you should get a P4.

winterfreshpwnz said:
AMD 64's are ultimately the more powerful CPU. They are better at running games, while P4's are better at multitasking and 3d rendering and video editing and all that stuff. So you can't really say which is better when they both are better at different things. Basically, if you are gonna be gaming a lot on your comp, you get an amd 64, if you are someone who makes a lot of videos/movies/art/high graphical stuff or whatever, then you should get a P4.

Good advice, That's why I built an AMD64 for my brother. The only reservation I have is that, a P4 HT is More than powerfull enough to run ANY game (GPU more important). So why not get the P4, It runs ALL games and multi-tasks beautifully. Every base covered.

hey everyone. just joined a couple of days ago and ComputerForums kicks butt.

Anyways, by the time intel comes out with 64bit procs amd will probably have 128bits. I have read that the p5's are suposed to be out next year. and still will be 32bit, which pisses me off.
Has anyone read anything else about the wereabouts of next years procs?

com_prog said:
hey everyone. just joined a couple of days ago and ComputerForums kicks butt.

Anyways, by the time intel comes out with 64bit procs amd will probably have 128bits. I have read that the p5's are suposed to be out next year. and still will be 32bit, which pisses me off.
Has anyone read anything else about the wereabouts of next years procs?

64bit Intels are ALREADY out. :rolleyes:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Intel_Pentium_4_LGA775.html

Maybe your thinking about Itaniums. Now those are 64 bit. If your talking about that 64 bit memory extension then I think your wrong. If you read up on what extended memory 64 is then you'll find out that the only thing it does is allow the processor to access more memory which does not make the processor fully 64-bit compliant. What I mean is that the 32-bit processors have 64-bit extensions. In a way they are 64-bit but I wouldn't consider them that. But I do see how they could be 64-bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom