Hey everyone, could use some advice

Ratbear

Beta member
My friends computer recently got a trojan on it...hes going to pay me to clear it out...And seeing as how ive seen this done before i was wondering if i did this would there be any chance of compromising my hard drive in the process...basically what im going to be doing is Taking his HDD and hooking it up as a slave on my comp, and then running all the proper programs to clean up his HDD, so my question is...Will my computer be safe during this process IE:is it possible for his trojan to jump over to my HDD as well as any other viruses he has on his HDD...

Thanks for the help,

Charles

PS:I know this is probably a noob question but, better safe then sorry...

Gary Graefen said:
If you have a secure viral scanner in place your system should be fine-Ive done this many times.

Now by viral scanner you mean virus scanner right? sorry for the horribly noobish questions...but it took me three months before i could build my new system...due to getting sold nothing but bunk parts from random computer places...so yeah you mean virus scanner?

yeah, what ever he prefers, there are lot's of anti-virus program's out there....i was just giving an example.

Hehe...How much is he paying you...Might try it sometime, but not to my mates, just people i hate....which gives me another idea....
could go put a virus on their computer and then get them to pay me to remove it!

Back
Top Bottom