want a new computer don#t know what is best

Get a 6800GT for graphics. A good athlon 64, Some sweet PC3200 Corsair memory. 120Gb SATA hard drive, DVD RW +/ etc etc

if you're not worried about price and an intel fan i would suggest going with the new 3.6ghz cpu with an asus p5dd2 premium board, kingston hyperx memory, a couple of raptors raid 0, and the ati x800 xt(pci ex). Oh yeah, don't forget about a water cooled case from koolance or someone good.

uuuuuh, nah get corsair mem and a 6800Ultra (much better) and no pci express :p hehe well com_prog. His budgets up top!

i'm not going against the 6800 ultra. that video card kicks ass along with ati's best. but i would go with ati instead.

No need to go for the fastest cpu, anything 3Ghz or over will do. Put 1Gb of memory in it (at least pc3200).

For graphics dont get an ATI 9800Pro, There's a much better card around, at least hear in the uk, the Nvidia 6800 LE, it about the same price and is a LOT better.

If your budget allows, get the 6800GT, the Ultra is a little quicker but is too expensive for the speed increase gained. That money could go on getting a raid array. Also the GT, if your lucky, will overclock past Ultra speeds anyway.

Cpu choice, if your just going to play games, an AMD will be fine. If you plan to run many apps, then an Intel is definately the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom