Forums difficult to read

inimino

In Runtime
The grey on grey color scheme is a usability and accesibility nightmare.

I have about average vision, and I find it almost impossible to read. What about those who have difficulty seeing well?

Text on the Web should be black on white unless there is a damn good reason to do otherwise. Light background colors are sometimes acceptable, but #aaa on #eee is not.

that was a bit direct, but I have to agree...

I suppose the "damn good reason" could be called style, but surely style should take second place over usability / accessability / readability?

well, you could try turning down your brightness way down ....that way it will be easier to read the text....worth a shot at least....

Thanks for the suggestion, and that does help somewhat, but I don't think I should have to mess with my hardware to accommodate a poorly-designed Web site.

The site looks perfectly fine. and can be read perfectly fine. Personally i liked fixed schemes but that is just me.

airiox said:
The site looks perfectly fine. and can be read perfectly fine. Personally i liked fixed schemes but that is just me.

Maybe you can read it perfectly easily, but I can't. Ask any Web designer how to make text readable by the greatest number of people, and they will tell you to use black text on a white background.

I don't know what you mean about "fixed schemes".

I am interested to hear what monitor/display settings you have your computer set to. I can't see why you can't read it, there is dark text on a light background.

I can read it, but it's unpleasant to read. I don't see much grey-on-grey text on the Web, and there's a reason for that. Maybe it's fine for 15 and 16 year olds, but my eyes get stressed enough the way it is, and I avoid anything that's not easy to read. I don't have below-average eyesight, and my monitor is carefully calibrated and reproduces color very well. I've viewed this site on several monitors, and didn't find it easy to read on any of them. Why not make it easier?

when you quote something its incredible light could you change that

as for normal next i think its fine

Yeah, well i do have to say for some it might be too bright and hard to read the text.....

if it is you have 3-options for this:
1) turn down your brightness on your monitor.

2) you can change the color options in your browser to display the white background as let's say ....light blue or red....or reverse it and have a black background and white text....ect.

3) or you can just deal w/it ....just kidding !!

Back
Top Bottom