Why I picked Nvidia....

deepthroat

In Runtime
When it came down to what company I was to choose for this generation of graphics cards, I compared features and price ranges.
I was originally aiming for ATI's X800 Pro, hoping ATI would prevail in this generation, they held up very well indeed, but I have two gripes.

1. ATI's X800 Pro lacks the support of pixel shader 3.0(a must for the next generation of games coming out in a year or so)

2. ATI's decision to lock down 4 of their pixel pipelines in the X800 Pro was a big disappointment.

So when it came down to decision time I compared the specs and decided based on which one would benefit ME the most.
WINNER, Nvidia, for the same price as the X800 Pro, I could get a 6800 GT with 16 pixel pipelines and support for pixel shader 3.0.

If you have chosen Nvidia for your current Graphics card, post your thoughts, why did you choose Nvidia over ATI?

yep, in my opinion, nvidia is better for price/performance, cuz ati is just expensive :( even if nvidia uses alot more power, so what?
i have the BFG Tech GeForce 6800 GT OC cuz its about the same price with better performance.

yeah, i love nvidia.....thay make some kick arse grafix cards. i can't wait to upgrade mine,but it's working good enough for now.

Sweet.....is it even OC'ed yet? i am just getting some good use out of mine before i do an upgrade...

I'm really getting benchmarks a little past the 6800 Ultra due to the overclocking.
Core:420 MHz(vs.400 MHz, Ultra)
Mem Clock:1.1 GHz(same as Ultra)

Same number of pipes and everything, so what really sets this card apart from an Ultra now?

I choose mine cause:

1.) nvidia fan, never had an ATi card (ever)
2.) couldnt afford the ultra
3.)couldnt wait for the ultra
4.)wanted to play next gen games full settings.

Back
Top Bottom