Beta member
Hi there

I need help This is what I have in my computer now:

MSI 845g motherboard
1.7 celeron
768 RAM
5500 fx 256mb grafix
120 mb hard drive

The problum is I got a P4 2.4 533MHs 1 mb cashe CPU when I put it in the new cpu and turned on the computer all I got was the two green lights on the front of the tower and all the fans come on but thats it.
the moniter dosn't come on. this is a new cpu and I don't know if I need new bios.
If you can help please explane how to switch the cpu I am still using the 1.7 for now.
Thanks again

I looked up some stuff about that mobo and apparently it can only handle a 2.2GHz without bios upgrades. Look around for those first.

The_Other_One said:
I looked up some stuff about that mobo and apparently it can only handle a 2.2GHz without bios upgrades. Look around for those first.
how do I get the other bios do you know because this motherboard is supossed to go up to a 2.4 533MHz processer

The_Other_One said:
and what is mobo?

mobo = motherboard ;P

Making me do all the work... I should charge you :p OK, it should be here... http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_detail.php?UID=314&kind=1

Just double check that's your motherboard and all, see what version you have already installed(should show it on the POST screen), and be VERY VERY carreful when you upgrade. If all goes well, that SHOULD do it. The motherboard seem to be a fairly compatable one, so I would assume your bios is just out dated...

Back
Top Bottom