dual monitors,,,how?

bukhuntre

Beta member
I have a Nvidia Gforce2 mx 100/200 video card...and a neovo lcd monitor and a 3 yr old crt monitor...I am trying to get the two to work together using a monitor splitter..a buddy got it working with his rig, but on mine my computer will not fully boot. I run Xp pro and it makes it to the windows Xp screen then a quick blue screen with text and the computer shuts off then starts again. I tried each side of the splitter alone with either monitor and it boots fine...only when both monitors are together is there the problem....any thoughts?I tried with the lowest resolution and refresh rate.

thanx

Hmm they would both have to be on the same refresh rate and resolution. Its best to have a video card that has dual monitoring capabilities. Like the Geforce 4.

Do you mean like two monitors with the same image or split monitor like for programs with many windows?

You'd ideally need a card with more than one output like Airox said; likely a 4 or above. It is also possible the card doesn't have the power from the Motherboard to send out the controls to two monitors at the same time - hence the Motherboard runs out and shuts down.

Yeah, the blue screen makes me think your getting some conflict beteen the cards. A splitter is simply made to duplicate the image from one source, so you only need a single output.

Now if you wanted to do something like extend your desktop onto two screens, you'd need 2 video cards or a duel head video card.

it probably is a power problem...

You could try it with a different monitor (I imagine the older on draws the most power -but I could be wrong)

Back
Top Bottom