RAID controller, what's required?

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
On my video computer, I've considered using the RAID controller for my one 80G drive simply because it's ATA100(the regular IDE is only ATA66)

I connect the drive to the controller, the bios extention or whatever for the RAID detects it no prob. Once 2000 boots up, I don't see the drive. I've worked with RAID on one computer before, and it was MUCH easier than this one is being.

The MB is an Abit BE6-II

uhhhh if you only have one hard drive why do you need to set up RAID?

You need to read more carfully... I simply want to use the raid controller because it's ATA100, where as the other is simply ATA66.

The_Other_One said:
On my video computer, I've considered using the RAID controller for my one 80G drive simply because it's ATA100(the regular IDE is only ATA66)

I connect the drive to the controller, the bios extention or whatever for the RAID detects it no prob. Once 2000 boots up, I don't see the drive. I've worked with RAID on one computer before, and it was MUCH easier than this one is being.

The MB is an Abit BE6-II

Let's see if I read this right. Youve got a normal IDE boot drive, and a second 80 gig on the raid controller.

If this is the case, you dont need drivers (that's only if you are using raid).

Once windows boots up, goto adminastrative tools and computer management, there you should see you drive and format it or whatever you wish to do.

Nope. Tried that and it won't work... Besides, the drive still has data on it(some videos I'd made)

I didn't think I would need drivers. One comp I worked on before had rade and you could even make the drivers bootable. That was with a additional PCI card too, where as mine is onboard... *shugs* I guess it's not that big of a deal seeing as I don't drop frames even at ATA66...

Back
Top Bottom