decisions, decisions...

alvino

Golden Master
as you can see, in my signature, the hard drive im using is a western digital 80gb sata hdd. but ive been having problems lately, and was wondering if i should switch brands like: maxtor, seagate, hitachi etc.

many thanks in advance!!!!

If you switch, get a seagate. I've had the worst luck with Maxtor hard drives. About 6 of them have died(bad sectores, drive motor died, etc)

oh really? hmmm no offense but i think ill wait for more opinions, not that yours is bad or anything.... ;)

I like Western Digital, they are loud though. Lately I have been going with Hitachi since I can make them run silently.

Its just SATA that is annoying not WD.

maxtors are the best. Had 5 maxtors. WD suck..seagate are slow, but quiet.

Also u can make maxtors run squiet with a tool from their site. Byut only reason your maxtors die are because of heat and extreame usage. Cool them nicely and they'll like you :D

LOL its amazing the amount of love a hardrive can give u, i have a seagate its okay for me :D

Maxtor!!! never ahd any problems. western digital are the problem ones

at dell where I worked there were 10,000 realeased that did not have a power regulator chip on them, as a result, they would catch on fire!!! dell knew this and they kept thought the manufacturing process and shipped the systems.

who knows what other pc manufacturers have those same drives!!

Yeah, seagate isn't the fastest, but they are silent and very reliable. My Western Digital has been good. It's done some weird things before(like just quit showing up in the bios one day) but with some tinkering it came back.

Maxtor, I have some older ones, I still have a 60G, and some othesr that have been ok, but as I said earlier, I had 5 or 6 that died on me. Maybe it's that series? It was a 30G at first that kept messing up, so they upgraded me to a 40, but it still gave me some, but less frequent problems.

Back
Top Bottom