Please Help!!!!

BIGJOE

Solid State Member
My old Linksys wireless router went bad .... I bought another one and asked my computer guy to get it going for me .... it is working great expect for one thing .... Every 10 minutes, and I mean exactly 10 minutes I lose wireless availability ..... I click on the icon on the bottom of the desk top and a window pops up and asks me to connect ... I click connect and I have wireless again .... This happens, like I said, every 10 minutes exactly .... My computer guy is out of town because there was a death in his family and I do not know when he will back and this is driving me more goofy than I already am ... Can anyone help please???

My laptop is a Compaq presario 2100 with a built in wireless card ... Like I said it was working perfectly with the old router and it happens every 10 minutes with the new one ..... I think my guy did something to my laptop to time out but I can not find it ... is this possible??? Thanks Guys ....

hmm well i had sort of the same problem with my router.. the wireless connection kept flashing in and out on all my computers and i couldn't figure out why... what ended up being the problem was the built-in firewall in the router was set too high, so the wireless connection kept getting blocked by the firewall. i just changed the firewall settings and it worked fine. i don't know if you have a firewall built in in your router, but if you do, you might want to lower the firewall settings and see if that helps. thats all i can think of... i hope that helps

- broknhabit

It may be your power settings in windows? I used to get a problem when i was using the net but my laptop was running low on problems windows just shut me card regardless whether i was using it or not?

Thanks guys but no firewall in the router and the power settings are where they have been since I bought this laptop ... I do appreciate you trying to help .....

well prehaps there is setting in there saying that its to disconect arfter 10 min. so put it to none or the providers are being a bunch of sad babes.

I have looked every where and I can not find where it says it is going to time out after 10 minutes .... Thanks

Thanks guys ... someone told me to ...Disable "IEEE 802.1x authentication for this network.... And it worked .... so if anyone else has this problem this is what you do,... thanks again everyone

o thanks, we will bare this in mind. Thank you very much for improving are technical support.

Back
Top Bottom