Wtf?!?!?

alvino

Golden Master
I have just finished building my computer (YAY!!!), and when i turned it on for the first time, i booted off of my hard drive driver disk and i installed my hard drive and set my BIOS. After that it restarted, and this time it says:

NTLDR or NLTDR (i forgot, sorry)
Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart

and i do that then it keeps saying that everytime. is there something i missed? or should i reinstall my hard drive? :confused:

NOTE: All my comp specs are in the signature space below, just in case you're wondering.... :D

Many Thanks!!!!

yup, partition, then format.. that'll fix her..

dblthumb2.gif

but i cant boot from the data lifeguard tools (which is a western digital, as it says in my signature) which came with my hard drive, and which im supposed to boot from......:( but after i restart it it keeps going too that NLTDR thing, so i dont get a chance to do it... and even if i put the disk in it still wont autoread it or if i push some buttons it wont read it.....:(

maybe i shouldve went with Ultra ATA/133 (regular IDE interface) instead......:( cuz SATA has been a pain in the butt......

have you conected your h/d cabe the right way around? and also have you put it in IDE1 on the m/b

Switch IDE off in the bios. Set the SATA to boot and floppy and CD boot devices before SATA, that will load the floppy also.

well i found on the bios that there are only 2 options: RAID and Operate IDE mode, so the only one i can do is raid, cuz im not using IDE, right?
and i also formatted, and partitioned it too and it still does that NLTDR thing.....

Back
Top Bottom