Firewire/DV output

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
Does anyone here do any form of video capturing with firewire? If so, does your computer lag when it's outputting it? After I'm finished editing my videos in Premiere 6.5, I just render and play the timeline with my camera connected to the comp. It plays perfect on my camera, but I get like >1 FPS on the screen with no audio. Is this just how it works? Just how Premiere or Firewire works?

I know it's not my computer because it does the exact same thing on my laptop...

Video editing is strain on a system. It will almost always do that.

I know it's a strain, it just seems odd how both systems are like that. I mean I about got one of those converters(they convert RCA/S-VHS to Firewire, in and out) but I figured it would be a pain having to remove that every time I wanted to edit... It's not my camera, is it?

Just so you know, my video is a PIII 733, and it did the same when it was a PIII 600. My laptop is a XP2000, fireire's onboard.

well they are not very high spec pcs. So they will be a bit downy. as for me id just uplink everything onto the pc and edit from my computer.

Back
Top Bottom