Sound issues in Colin McRae Rally 2005 Demo

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
I know it's still a demo, so this could be the problem. It says stuff about 70% complete, blah blah blah, almost like it's a partial beta. But anyway, here's the problem...

About halfway though a race, my sound gets all crackly. I guess it almost sounds like my cable is shorting out or something, or rubbing on the case. The game continues just fine, and you can still make out the sound, it's just got that static as well. Once it starts, the only way to get rid of it is to close the game and reopen it.

My system is an AMD T-Bird 1.4GHz using a Sound Blaster Live and running *gulp* Windows XP Pro :eek:

Its probably something to do with the Game; some Demos will be Betas, it is probably a reasonable number of months until that comes out so it could well be.

Have you tried reinstalling it?

Nope...I actually can't get it to run now. I'll try again later. I was messing with the video settings, and now right before starting the game, it just restarst my comp. I think I know the problem so I'll try it later tonight. :eek:

That could be your problem. Here download this program and run it while you game is running. It will tell you how many FPS you are getting.

http://www.fraps.com/download.htm

Sometimes you can get sounds like that when you are getting low frames. Such as in the new Counter-Strike I can get sound iregualrities when the bomb goes off. Because it strains your comp alot.

I know it's not the FPS, it's probably just being a beta. I have the detail about as low as it'll go(it was running full speed) and after I hit a barrel, the sound just went crazy O.O thanks for the link though, I've wanted something like that.

Ah, I got it working again, if you couldn't tell. It was either vsync or FSAA being enabled that cased it to restart like that...

Back
Top Bottom