"Users Helped" Count?

Re:

Lord Kalthorn said:
It would be a dreadful bugger to try and do. Its a damned good Idea - and thats what the Reputation is for.

It would however be easier to write your own board with it in that try and work out how to do it on vBulletin.
Any one got a copy of Vbulletin that I can look at and write this add in.

I'd intend to just add another colum to the users table, and add a button on the post (Like the edit and quote buttons), permissions are set by a look up in the database (just try pushing edit or lookup IP on someone elses post!).

I don't suppose that this would be too hard.

Re:

root said:
Any one got a copy of Vbulletin that I can look at and write this add in.

I'd intend to just add another colum to the users table, and add a button on the post (Like the edit and quote buttons), permissions are set by a look up in the database (just try pushing edit or lookup IP on someone elses post!).

I don't suppose that this would be too hard.
vBulletin isn't that easy :D I've had a look - you can't actually get to the Templates. At the bottom there is an include for the templates on the Pages you see - but where the Templates actually live is a mystery to me. Could be at vBulletin I suppose.

I can sedn you the files if you want though?

they use it at this other big computer forum i want bother saying the name of it, cos this forum totally rocks a great idea!!!!!!!!!!

I never got back..
I was going to say yes great chuckl me a copy this way...

but then I found Davids been holding out on us!
head over to servertalk.org (another one of Davids forums) you'll fnid a user reputation button in the username / avatar part of the forum therad pannel...

So, there is already a plug in that work on Vbulletin that lets users have a reputation...

could it be implemented here?

Oh! Thats all you want? :D

Yeah; it could. He'd need to upgrade to vBulletin 3.0.3. At the moment I think he's just not doing it cause he wants to keep it like this. Personally - I prefer 3, but many people still prefer 2.

Back
Top Bottom