My Motherboard Sucks!

Mental Liberator

Fully Optimized
i really need to buy a new motherboard, mine is a elite group crap crap model one, well atleast it can support my 3.0 ghz but, im probably going to buy a new one soon, can anyone help me choose a really good motherboard? also i am going to buy the logitech speakers that are 40 ~ 50 dollars, i think everyone knows what im talking about, so i need a motherboard that can has a good audio so i don't have to buy a sound card............................ and thinking of a ASUS mobo

The best motherboard brand I've ever used has been Abit. I'm not sure how they are today, but my KT7A and BE7-II have been GREAT. Plus(back then) they had no onboard crap. I don't like having video and sound that I don't use. They are a bit more expensive, but the old ones have been worth it. I am considering going back to them in the future...

Lots of my friends have MSI which I beleive has been a good MB for them...

As for your ECS, they are pretty crappy motherboards. A class I was in a few years ago purchased 8 new systems or so(well, the parts so we could build them) All ECS MBs. Half of them died or had major problems! Now we were learning, but most the people in there knew what they were doing enough to build a system :p

Now, I guess I can't say too much seeing as my desknote is by ECS. I was a bit scared to get it at first, but it's actually been a nice little system, espcially once I got some decent drivers on it.

I suppose all mobo's could have lemons, just ECS has more of them :p

Yeah...that looks like a fair link for me. I feel qutie certain I'll get another Abit in a few months when I decide to build my next system...

Also, my friend just got a DFI motherboard and he says it's awsome. I know nothing about this brand, but some of their stuff looks promising. Might be a company to look into...

http://www.dfi.com.tw/index_us_noflash.jsp?SITE=US

well it depends what socket your using, but i would recommend ASUS, Abit, and MSI.. Soyo and Chaintech are pretty good too

oh ok well all those companies make 478 socket mobos so there should be no problem.....you might want to look at shuttle also, they have pretty cheap and reliable mobos

so what does a good mobo acually improve, nothing about the cpu temp, or how fast it can boot right? if im wrong..... i wish :-D

Stability Mainly. The motherboard will make everything stable. If you have a bad motherboard things will allways be crashing.

Also you can get small speed increases. Dont think it will help CPU temp though.

Back
Top Bottom