Laptop

cooldude3552000

Solid State Member
well I am in 8thgrade right now and I want to get a laptop. I have my own dell desktop at my dads house but the thing is sooo old it should proably be in a history museum and it is slow as hell. 64mb I ram 3gb hardrive. no they r not typeos thats really what the POS is. I want a laptop because so far I have sevceral times I need to go back and forth between my mom and dads house cause of work saved on different PCs of one PC not haveing the program I need. I like to do alot of my work onb the computer so a laptop would really help.

I want to get a decent one but am going to be looking on ebay because I can;t spend more than 1k. Was told alienware was proably the best laptop out there but they r alot, I saw a few on ebay that where under 1k. I want to be able to play some games and want one that I can use for a fe years without worring about upgrading. It HAS to me a windows. Can someone please help point me in the right direction. I don't want and emachins cause they r bad or and HP cause someone told me they got caught using used parts in new machines.

Thanks,
Colin

well it depends if youre gonna bring it around, or if your gonna just keep it at home... but if youre gonna keep it at home the toshiba satellite A70 is pretty good even tho its about 1250 bucks (http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/cfam.to?seg=HHO&coid=-26377&sel=0&rcid=-26367&ccid=1291021), its designed to be a laptop with the power of a desktop.... and alienware is good but its just too expensive, the cheapest option is like 1000 over your budget...
but airiox is right, ibuypower will give you more for your money, and ibuypower has pretty snazzy colors and cases...:)

i wouldnt trust ebay cuz of the possibility of spam and tha hassle...lol

What ya gonna be using it for, people think laptops are better than desktops but they suck, only get 1 if ya do alot of travelling

Nemesis said:
What ya gonna be using it for, people think laptops are better than desktops but they suck, only get 1 if ya do alot of travelling

lol yeah laptops dont really have good performance, but if you really need the space at home, some laptops are pretty powerful.

I have an ECS Desknote 929 which is a good cheap machine. Now they don't come with a battery(well, an external one is offored) but if yon don't think you'd need one too much, they are a great system. I've had very few problems out of mine, and they are easy to upgrade seeing as they use standard DDR and SocketA processors.

Desknote.jpg

Don't worry, it's not that light of a purple in person :rolleyes: You might want something with a battery, I donno, but I think you'd be happy with this if you simply need something you can carry around from place to place. I know I'm pleased with mine. Oh, and mine only cost me about $600 for an XP2000, 256M RAM, and a 20G HD

I will be using it for surfing the web, doing homework(using programs likle excel, powerpoint, word ect.) I won't be using it too much for games I would just like it to be able to. I want a laptop so I can take it between my moms and my dads house since I swtich every other week.

I still recommend my first solution. Save up a bit more money and you wont be disappointed. Unless he can tell you where he bought that one then I would recommend that.

Back
Top Bottom