Connecting To Wireless Access Point

ksb007

Baseband Member
In the building I work in, there are a few wireless access points (4 floors with 1 or 2 per floor). My laptop can connect to all of the access points (which are the same make and model) except for the one on the 4th floor. I have brought some other laptops up here to see if maybe they won't connect, but they connect just fine. We use MAC address filtering but my MAC address is added to the list. I can't even detect the network though. Any suggestions?

thanks

They are not using WEP. I set the access points up to be the same. My problem is simply that I cannot connect for some reason to one access point while the others can. Thanks for you reply.

did you make sure it is the right standard. if its an 802.11a access point youd need to get a card for it to amke it compatible with both b/g and a standards.

a operates at 5ghz and b/g run at 2.4ghz.

thats what your problem could be.

Ok, all the access points are the same. They are all cheap linksys 802.11b access points. All the laptops operate with 802.11b network adapters that are built in. The maximum signal strength is about 150 ft without any obstacles. I have decided that the problem has got to be between the access point and the card somewhere, because any other computer can connect and I can connect to any other access point. I was just wondering if anyone has heard of anything like this happening before. A card not communicating with an access point for no good reason?

Back
Top Bottom