line speed

anisah

Baseband Member
2004-09-28 11:00:31 EST: 262 / 162
Your download speed : 269308 bps, or 262 kbps.
A 32.8 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 166216 bps, or 162 kbps.

Yours «262 down
«162 up

Hi all above are the results of my line speed test and i have a few questions so i would appreciate it if some one can help

one i have 512 kpbs line so hw can is only have 262

two hw does the transfer work out to be 32,8 KB

THREE can someone kindly explain the diff betweem kb and kbps

1. Is it DSL (down the phoneline)? The further away from the telephone exchange you are, the slower the speen

2. It's the avrage download speed that you get for downloading ; it's normal for this to be much lower than the speed that your connection is

3. KB = Kilobytes (1024 Kilobytes in a megabyte, 1024 Megabytes in a gigabyte (GB) and so on. KBPS (Kilobits per second) is the amoubt of KiloBits your modem (the thing your computer uses to connect to the internet) can transfer in a second. Kilobits and kilobytes is the same.

4. Have a nice day, and if you need more help feel free to make a new post and we'll sort it out.

adam said "you are smokin crack!!!"

kilobits and bytes arent the same!!!

the networking companies came up with that to make it seem like your speed is higher!

Make sure you have no internet boosting programs installed either, they really mess up your connection...

Did he say anything about bytes??? Oh wait nvm i see what your saying Dog, i didnt see that he had kilobits, and bilobytes, lol....

Lol

I thought everybody knew that? Its the CPU Stuff! Bits, Bytes cause the original PCs were 8 bit Processors. Etc etc and so on.

Back
Top Bottom