my hard drive not adding up

bambam1

Solid State Member
my hard drive doesnt seem to have the right capacity. i have a 107gb hard drive and 13.1gb of that is used up with windows and my files. then i have the partitioned part which is 4.7gb. if you addd both of those together they add up to 17.8gb, now when i right click on the hard drive icon and check the memory left it says i have used 24.6gb. which doesnt seem right to me and i was wondering if anyone knew if something is wrong and how i solve it. thank you very much if anyone knows what to do

probably windows has got more space....go to program files to see what u have installed....games and dvd's take up a lot of space.....run disk cleanup, and go to start, run msconfig...on the startup tab check to see what starts up

i mean i added all my stuff in my hard drive. highlighted everything.....program files,documents and settings,windows,1386,cmpnents. then right click and get the properties of those files which adds up to 13.1gb. then add my partition to that which is 4.7gb. add both of those adn you get 17.8bg. but when i right click on the (C: ) icon itself which when left you click takes you into program files , windows etc. i go to properties and it says hard drive space used is 24.6gb!!! surely when i add program files , windows etc and the partition they should add up to the same as what it says when i right click on the hard drive icon! but it doesnt!!!!!!!!

Relaz...dont worry about it....I just did the same thing and apparently my hardrive had 4 GB Extra on....It's probably just other stuff.....If u want to clean up some space, then run disk cleanup...and just to be sure u might as well run ad-aware, a virus scan, and scandisk...to make sure ure computers not got any major bigs on :)

If you problem is solved good but if not you would have to send us a screen shot of the properties of this hard drive.

hmm actually on second thoughts i dont even know how to upload an im age !!

ooopps sorry for the double post

Back
Top Bottom