Favorite programming language

Status
Not open for further replies.
C++ is cool; I put learning it aside cause we're doing VB this year at College so I don't have the time to learn two languages at the same time. But they're pretty similar.

Of those listed, C.

Other languages I like include Python which is clean and nice, and languages related to Lisp which is the most advanced language of all time.

I strongly dislike C++, and moderately dislike a lot of other languages. There are also many languages that, while not horrible, are evolutionary dead ends, such as Java or PHP.

inimino said:
Of those listed, C.

Other languages I like include Python which is clean and nice, and languages related to Lisp which is the most advanced language of all time.

I strongly dislike C++, and moderately dislike a lot of other languages. There are also many languages that, while not horrible, are evolutionary dead ends, such as Java or PHP.
How can you possibly say PHP (the most widely used and fastest developing language most recent developments are that it pushes towards class based development, combinning it's powerfull C type syntax with the class based power of Java.) is at an evolutionary dead end?

and yet sing the praises of python (which has recieved little or no development for years). -not an evolutionary deadend, just a dead product.

whas the site python.org for? i can see its for progrming but what type? c++ VB HTML ASP PHP etc.. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom