Beware of WINDOWS XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, yeah, I know you were joking - so wanted to prove to myself I could do that, still got that zest for Microsoft! :D

Nah - I think you don't love it enough - and I love it just enough.

I had the same problem once with my windows xp machine, it wouldn't let me re-install it after my computer crashed. All I did was call them up, they gave me a tremendously long key, and then it activated as normal. I was able to use the same key again when my computer crashed a second time without problems. Never did figure out why it kept crashing, one day it would boot fine, then the next day, it couldn't find NTLoader or whatever.

DCHWeb said:
I had the same problem once with my windows xp machine, it wouldn't let me re-install it after my computer crashed. All I did was call them up, they gave me a tremendously long key, and then it activated as normal. I was able to use the same key again when my computer crashed a second time without problems. Never did figure out why it kept crashing, one day it would boot fine, then the next day, it couldn't find NTLoader or whatever.
That does sounds pretty wierd. I don't know what other people seem to have about calling Microsoft for help! Thats one of the reasons you pay for it, why not use it?

I am so glad you approve. Of course, you have to get over the fact that every time you call a company, you get some foreign person with such a stron accent it is hard to understand, impossible, but other than that, they seem to have a book of every problem ever developed and know exactly what to do, and if not they say "send it in, we'll have a look"

dont give out your details!!!!

have you added mcuh new hardware since you last registered?

MS store the hardware config of your computer with an activation for approx 120 days.

after this you can reinstall on another computer witha different config.

if you are genuine.. then MS will manuall activate for you over the phone

jack
<< Please use a signature >>

heeeee needs a slap he needs a slap al al alde de la la la he needs a slap he needs a slap la la de de la la he needs a slap deeeeee daaaaaa llaaa la. SLAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom