Help me Decide on a new video card!!

walid almasri

Baseband Member
Well i have some money to spend.. i want either the Nvidia 6800 or the ATI Radeon X800. From what I have seen this is my conclusion about the two.

X800 - Better quality graphics slower FPS than the Nvidia, takes less power to run
6800 - Better FPS than the X800 lower quality video, more power need to run

What do you guys think I should get? And what brand should i be looking at?

ATI, that's just an opinion.
-ATI runs cooler
-ATI only takes up one slot
-ATI takes less energy to run
-ATI drivers are better (I should say "were better", ATI and nVidia now use the same company to make their drivers)
-ATI puts harder controls on their board manufacturing to produce a more consistent video card across all manufacturers.

I will bet you that this will turn into one of these "which one better" threads. There is no clear winner, it is just a matter of opinion.

Well if i get an ATI what brand should i get, post a link if possible, im looking into spending about 450

http://shop.ati.com/

Click on "gamer" on the left side of the screen.

My current 9800Pro is an XTASY by VisionTek. No problems!!!

My old 9600Pro was made my Sapphire. No problems, even after I flashed BIOS it to a 9700Pro.

Sapphire is the original manufacturer for ATI; VisionTek has come into the picture later, but is a great manfacturer.

I personally don't like GIGABYTE. I had a couple of cards by GIGABYTE both ATI and nVidia based. Don't like them.

Well my friend had a x800pro, got a 6800GT, it basicly rocked him how better it was! HE got better performance in OC'n and better results non OC'd

Back
Top Bottom