My computer re-boot in an endless cycle

LordB

Beta member
Hello if anyone can help me. my computer re-boots as soon windows starts, i,ve formated my hard drive and re-install windows xp without luck, then i try with a new hard drive.... no luck either.
I have cheked the processor fan and is working, my power source is working.
The computer doesn,t even boot in safe mode. At this ponit i,m about to send to a technician but before doing that i would like some feed back of you people.
Thanx for any help or comments.

First of all, welcome to the computer forums.
Souns like you should take it to a technician if you tryed all of the above and it still didn't work...
It could be overheating but if you say you checked your fan and stuff...then maybe not...Especieally if it reboots as soon as windows starts.....

It looks like are friend here has alredy done that. How about looking at the reset button and seeing if its not jamed or the wires arnt the wroing way around that mabe the answer or the wires are fulty on the reset or power button or wroing way around on the Mother Bord. Also cheak out the power supply to see if the power or wats, volts are correct if not get a bigger watige and voltege power supply eg. 360W p/s

mabe its not giving the M/B anoth power to fully power up or not anoth current for the fans etc... id 1 cheack out the wires arnt the wroing way around 2 cheak theres no smoke or over heating in areas that shouldent be eg m/b, it might be that theres not anoth power going in to it 3 get a better p/s. if non of these work take it to a small retale pc shop who deal with pc probs, not pc world thay are only arfter money small shops dont coz thay have a reputation to stand up to.

it's not a software issue, i tell you that?

have you tried reformatting the MBR?

command:

format /mbr

well thanx for all your support. As you all said i opened up the computer and the fans are tourning all right, is not the on-off switch, is not the software cuz i install it all back, strange thing is that all the time i passed formating the new gard drive and after installing windows it dodn,t re-boot, but as soon all that was done (about 1 hour and a half) windows started and after 2 minutes it rebooted itself again in an endless loop.
What else can be causing that?

i think you have the sasser virus on yer computer, this virus as i explained in other threads, makes your computer stop what it's doing & just re-boot for no reason....

Back
Top Bottom