Call of duty lockups

bighomey

Solid State Member
have sudden lockups in Call of duty both expansion and regular, this never has happened before until i got my new mobo , cpu, i have a athlon 64 3500 939 with msi neo2 plat mobo, nforce 3 ultra, This is the only game that Completely locks up my computer. I can play all of my other games for hours with 100% stability. Only Call of duty. im not sure if the game doesnt go good with 64 bit cpu's or what, sometimes the game runs great for like 30min, then eventually it will just totally lock up, and make a very fast clicking noise coming out of the speakers, it will continue doing this until i press reboot on my case, everythings locked when it freezes. i have a 9800 pro , with corsair xms 512mb x2 (1gig dual channel). like i said this never did this until i got my new cpu , amd mobo.. i had a a7n8x deluxe mobo, with 2500. My cpu temp seems fine around 120F. i've tried MULTIPLE gpu drivers, and its just weird that this is the only game that it does this on. when it freezes up , it keeps making that fast clicking noise out of the speakers until i reboot, or shutdown manually through case. sorry for long post. i also found out another good info, i played cod in single player for hours and no lockups, Only in multiplayer

i just got done playing cod single player for 1: 45min, no lockups no nothing, stable mable, it seems like the only time it freezes is online, which is weird, my dsl has been acting very strange lately, it went out the other day and i had to call them and say wtf happend, now its fixed. is it posible that my dsl just roaches for a slight second ( geting a high ping) and it freezing cod? because its somthing to do with it, simply because no freezing in single player

hmmm

I have the latest patch for the game, and the expansion just came out and there 's no patch for that, i have plenty of friends playing cod on same cpu i got, so i dont eblive thats the problem simply because i play fine in single player. i dont have any virus's or anything, i have tried mULTiple diff drivers for gpu

hmm

i did, sold it, now i have a regular sound . but thats not the problem because i tried going back to onboard and still same thing

sounds okay. Even though Enermax isnt the best even though I am using one of there cases. Guess its not power. Probably you just need to update all your drivers.

Back
Top Bottom