Pci express

chillindillan89

Beta member
ok i was just wondering if a pci express graphic card would work with my pc. my computer does have reguler pci slots and i just need to know if thats enough its a pentium 4 1.8ghz windows xp cause i dont have an agp slot so the only thing i could use to play recent games is the express so will it wrk with my computer? please let me know

You will need a new motherboard. PCIex is somthing new. It is smaller and will not fit ina PCI slot. Thus you will need a new motherboard.

You can get a 5200 or 9200 in regular pci format though.

nope. the pci-express slot is alot bigger than normal pci or agp....you'll need a new mobo if you really want pci-express (as airiox said). or you should just stick with AGP, unless your mobo is soooo old that it doesnt have agp (which is pretty old). and if it is that old (god forbid...lol) then, like airiox said, they do have nvidia fx5200 or the ati 9200 in normal pci format....:D

Yeah; you'd need a PCI Express Motherboard to use a PCI Express Card. Probably a new Processor too cause you may not find a new Motherboard to fit the P4 1.8 Slot.

But yeah; depending on what you plan to do with it, a regular PCI 5200 would do just find. I would expect on a P4 1.8 age Motherboard you would have an AGP Slot though?

lol yeah even my dads computer has a pentium3 (slot 1) and it even has AGP, lol and it even has ISA slot too!!!! LOL which means its old, but not really, really old......:) and its made by HP (lololololol)

Back
Top Bottom