Router Networking help

well Ive done it with the IP config and then the file sharing. my hubbys done it too!!!

how big was the network??

Thanks for the responses.
I have 2 pc's one 98 se and one xp home.
Any other help would be great!
Thanks again
Tim

PS I also use a patch cables between the pc's and router and th net works fine. I tried one of my pc's with a crossover cable and that works fine but still no network! Do you recon i should get a crossover cable instead of patch?

Also the router asigned the computers these ip addresses : win 98 10.0.0.3 and xp home 10.0.0.4 . Should i change it to manual? any ideas how to do this (if its a good idea) please send a message.

i can ping my 98se from the xp and the 98 se itself. But i cant ping the xp from the 98se or the xp itself. Doesnt make any sense!
The router sees the 98se but not the xp. They can both use the internet though. The xp also says it has been given an ip address by the router so why isnt it on there?
The xp has a local area connection and a 1394 connection. They both say theyre connected but only the local area connection is plugged in. Anywayu what is the 1394 connection?
Again any help apreciated.

I fixed it!
I had to disable Norton Personal Firewall!
But i have anothervslight hicup. My xp has a usb printer on it. It says its being shared but my 98se cant see it. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom