*Sigh*Another problem

FuRgy

BSOD
Hey,
Ok, I have an old computer sitting in my room upstairs. It is rubbish. But I wanted to sort it out so about a month ago I reformatted. After the format I left the computer on and went to the toilety and to go and get the Windows ME Disc so I could install an operating system. While I was there, my foolish sister unplugged the PC so after the format it was turned of incorrectly. Then when I put the plug in and turned the computer back on, all that heppened was there was a lot of long continous beeps. It kept doing this...So I just turned the computer back of.
This was about a month back, and after I switched it of, I just left it. Now I want to sort it out again, so just now I turned it on and the same beeps kept beeping....What can I do to fix this and get the computer running?
If anybody wants/needs more information feel free to ask!

Erm. If the beeps come after BIOS boot-up, use a bootdisk to format the HDD and install the OS again. If it comes when the PC is turned on, check the inside to make sure everything is fine. Could be something broken or blown.

The beep comes staright when I press the power button....nothing is on the screen before or after it....I think it is a good diea to look inside the case...because i took the hardrive out and then put it back in before i formatted.....But im not good at looking at things inside a computer...before i open it up can u giv me any tips on what to look for?

make shure when you put the hhd back in, that the cables were put back in the same way it came out.

check connections that they are snug, check ram cards that they are seated properly.

if everything is cool...then try doing a flsh to bios.
inside next to your ram sticks, there should be a small 3-prong jumper. (1st un-plug your comp. before doing this)

then move the jumper over to the other side, plug in comp.....reboot

when comp. say's that bios has been reset, shut down comp...un-plug...and move jumper back to the original position.

oh man i think i got the problem....When i took the hardrive out I took a piece of RAM out and put it into my other computer...So there was only 1 left in that computer....Im pretty sure it was just 64MB Of RAM...COuld this be the problem?

Ok, im gonna go check it out now....I'll be back soon...*
****Walks of with a determined yet terrified face****

OK, I took the hardrive out, and took the ram out and took the graphics card out and let them all sit for a wehile..;..then put them back in plugged computer in and no beeping...no anything...There was nothing on the screen....And the CPU was making no beeps....I checked the display adapter and stuff...everything seemed to be fione....anybody got any suggestions ilk try them out tmz

if you are not even getting a bios beep, then something is not seated correctly. make shure and double check your connections.

check your power cord that it's snug.

Back
Top Bottom