Internet Problem

It's not the browswer if messenger programs won't work either...

Spyware's a long shot, but I suppose that could be it.

Oh yeah, my friend had this problem once...he managed to fix it but he didnt tell me how...Il ask him 4 u next time i see him :)

the message "page cannot be displayed" is because the modem is not connecting with your provider or is not hooked up or configured correctly. Could be the type of service that you have to log in to use, Mine used to be like that until my service provider switched to "always
on service"

you need to call the service provider. they can walk you through the setup of your particular modem. there is really no way we can help you. other than giving you some tips for what to look for since we dont know anything about your provider or your modem. there are several possibilities why your connection is not working.

possible problems:
1. the modem is not connecting with the service provider(this will have to be resolved by the service provider and there is nothing you can do to make it work until they configure your service.)

2. you are trying to use the wrong type of ethernet cable.(there are two kinds of cables a patch cable and a crossover cable. My modem uses the crossover type to connect to the computer. yours may also. a regular patch cable (most common) will not work.

3. the internet properties are not set correctly. run your internet connection wizard to easily configure your computer for using the network card for connecting to the internet.

I really recommend you call the service provider. you can spend all night and day trying to get the internet to work but if the service is not working you aint getting on the internet no matter how many changes you make to your internet settings.

i got the same problem, only im using a router, but its saying i got an IP adress, and it says im connected, but no internet. Anything yall know about this?

This may a wild guess so correct me if im wrong.

If it is DSL, your phone line needs to be upgraded (mine did) so it can handle DSL. If the line hasnt been upgraded yet, it may not work.

Check with your ISP and also make sure you have filters pluged in at every phone.

Jamie

EDIT: Also try a different browser, such as Mozilla Firefox, its about 300% times better than IE!!

Back
Top Bottom