green line

chez16

Beta member
I am looking for some help. My trusty laptop for almost 4 years has an issue. Starting today there is a green line that runs from the top to the bottom of my screen. It is about 1/3 of the way over from the left edge of the screen. When I booted the first time this morning, the green line appeared during boot, but when the computer finally booted, it was gone. Now, it is there all of the time.

I assume this has something to do with the fact that these screens do not last that long, but I am not sure.

If anyone out there has encountered this problem before or knows if there is a fix, please let me know...

PS...this site looks exactly like pearl jam's message pit.

thanks

rich

i heard that after 5-6 years you have to refill LCD screens which is practically a replacement screen. it might be what wrong with yours but i doubt it. sorry i got nothin else

Get a replacement screen?
Before you do, open it up (or a pc - savvy friend if not confiedent enougth) and check the screen cable connections are secure.

I'm not that good when it comes to LCD screens, if I could I would help more.

thanks

i am going to check the connection...if that does not work then i may have an excuse for a new laptop

this may sound far fetched, but do you have any speakers sitting next to your monitor ???

Back
Top Bottom