HELP! Can't Browse A Partition

Tofuboi1

Solid State Member
yesterday i had ID3 Killer go through my MP3 folder erasing all my ID3 tags and then suddenly my computer reboots. it posts and then when the windows xp logo is suppose to pop up it reboots agian into an endless cycle.

i have a 120GB hd partitioned into a 25GB (C:\) and the rest is in D:\ for my documents.

now i have deleted C and reformatted a new windows but whenever i try to browse my D try to backup my files, the computer just stop what its doing and reboots again. even when i run norton antivirus on D it scans a few files then reboots.

anyone have any ideas? i really need to back up those files
:(

thanks in advance

sorry to hear that....But it sounds to me like this is the Nasty SASSER virus....from what i know heard about this virus is that it will freeze up your computer & make it re-boot ....and everytime it re-boots.

the length of time windows is running will shorten...then re-boot, til your computer is in an endless cycle of re-booting.

i would do a google search for the virus fix from a different comp. then run it on your's in safe mode.

thanks for the suggestion. i'll try running the removal tool. but i do not get an lsass.exe error when the computer reboots. and its not random either, only when i try to access drive d

well there is a difference between the( lsass.exe ) and the virus which is (isass.exe) ...notice the one on the left is your
computer system file & is ok.....

and the other one..... that one is the virus.....
have you run the fix on drive D ...in safe mode?

check your power supply fan and the cpu fan for operation. overheating can cause constant rebooting. Sasser is possible but unlikely if youve updated.

thanks i'll check that later. but my reboots arent spontanious. they happen whenever i try to access my D drive

Back
Top Bottom