Video computer questions

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
Maybe this forum will be more helpful than some of the last computer forums I've tried to go to :mad:

Anyway, hello everyone. I thought I'd start things off here trying to optimized my video comp. Perhaps someone could help me... First off, the computer uses an Abit BE6-II motherboard. It has a 25G IBM harddrive for booting and all, then an 80G WesternDigital for video. It seems to work ok, but sometimes, it can seem awfully slow when loading things, like the 25G is really lagging. It does have RAID, but I can't get my 80G HD to work on it, nor the 25G(though I'm quite sure it's not ATA100) Any ideas? The computer has a freash intall of 2000 Pro with all the correct drivers and no conflicts. I have DeepFreeze installed so it's basically like I just installed windows every time I boot :D

Another question, I'm running a PIII 600 in it. I was just messing around with the bios settings and happened to clock it up to 800MHz. is this correct? If so, it seems to be stable. I do have a PIII 733 I considered using, but the heatsink has no fan(originally got air from the powersupply from it's old comp) so I donno if it would overheat.

Well, just a few randome questions for you guys. I hope to become more of a regular around here :)

I suppose 133MHz bus will make the difference. I just popped the processor out and saw the "new" one was a 600E/100/256, where the other is a 700/133/256. Yup, I couldn't get the HS off so I just hope it's aired out enough. Thanks anyway :eek: Now to see if the HD's go at a decent speed...

Back
Top Bottom