I could really use some help

Noid0305

Beta member
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I have a question for all of you computer wizards out there. I have a Sony Vaio it's older not sure of the exact product series but I bought it off my sister. Anywho I have a problem recovering the computer this is because it keeps saying it can't read the X drive. I didn't even know I had one. Is this possibly a recovery disk error or is it something I can fix. Thanks for any help you can supply.

not quite shure of laptops....have you tried looking in device manager, and see if there is a compatability issue.
if so there will be a yellow quotation mark. (!)

if not maybe you can change the drive letter back to :C

not shure if i ever heard of a hhd as the x-drive.
my girlfriend has a laptop, and her hhd is :C

Well X sounds like it would be a network drive. Is your hard drive C? I take it you are able to boot so it doesn't sound like its a problem with your hard drive.
It may just be a simple case of disconnecting from the network drive X.
Go to my computer and select X, does it say local drive?

That would work if I could get into my desktop but the stupid recovery stoped half way through and won't let get past the recovery process. So I can't even acess my desktop on the computer. And this is a desktop computer not a laptop if that helps.

CDR101: NOT READY READING DRIVE X

ABORT, RETRY, FAIL

Thats what the error says to me and the cd goes to about 73 % and shorts out. I am so confussed.

have you checked the settings in bios? and set the boot order: cd drive 1st/floppy 2nd/hhd 3rd....

are you recovering form a cd-writer, or are you using the cd drive?...also what is the condition of the cd?

Back
Top Bottom