Blackice or Norton?

iflabs

Baseband Member
I have had norton firewall and virus installed but lately the firewall has been giving me problems, such as multiplayer games won't find servers unless I disable the firewall.

So I installed blackice, it works fine but there's no virus scanner.

What do you think?

P.S. I miss the days of high speed downloads through bittorrent. Before I updated norton, I'd receive 200 kb/s, now it's down to a max of 38 kb/s.

If you change ur mind about those, get Zone Labs Zone Alarm with Anti Virus, it's great, and I can hook you up with a free key too :)

When you have high speed connection, it's easier for hackers to locate your systems IP and then start messing it up and playing around with your system, they just need to find an open port and then your screwed if you don't have any security.

Windows Firewall? Its all I've ever used. Ever needed. Had High-Speed for more than a year now and still - no problems :D

GO NO FIREWALL!

IN MICROSOFT WE TRUST!

Yea, I'm just saying that the Windows XP firewall isn't good enough to prevent the "elite" hackers from getting into your system, but I dunno, that prolly won't ever happen right? :D

EDIT: I have had 1041 users try to access my computer with just the windows firewall on, they would all get through, becuase it's always on of course yet they are still trying to get through, but can't because my firewall (Zone Alarm) is hiding me and refusing them access.

Back
Top Bottom