Achive post limit before able to post on advertising boards

Masahiro

BSOD
<soap box>
I don't know about everyone else, but I am getting sick of people just regestering to advertise their site.

A message board is a community, not free advertising.

This is my soloution:

At least juniour member / 25 posts before able to post in any advertising board. That should put off most of them and the advertising boards will be full of good stuff not spammy crap.

Also, ban that partypoker guy. If you do that "find all posts by this member" you will relise that 100% of his posts are ads for his affiliate link to some dodgy poker game.

That's just my opinion, but I wonder how the other members feel about this.
</soap box>

no, I'm afraid it would just encourage the people to spam messages advertising their sites in the wrong part of the forum 25 times over, and then continue to spam in the advertising section.

I understand your frustrations but an outright ban straight away isn't always the answer,
You shuld bear in mind that on certain forums it is perfectly acceptable to post advertising links.
Others it is frowned upon, others it is disallowed.

There are some forums where you could be warned/banned for suggesting how the administrators should do their job better outside of the right section

Everybody needs gentle guidance and time to re-adjust when they enter a new forum, imediatly banning people, when they genuinly don't know any better is not the answer.

and those that are determined to spam will spam anyway regardless of post count limits set on a section.

I understand what root is saying, but netuser has a point, and it amazes me that you guys don't care, but then again, you probably don't care because you have enough space right? So in the long run it won't affect anything right?? That's why I think it's ok, unless of course they are making thread after thread after thread and the admins aren't doing anything so we have a full page of the same spam advertising...Get what I'm saying?? BTW, admins here are doing a good job I think :D

Back
Top Bottom