computer wont shut down

rymort

In Runtime
Ok I build my own computer, amd athlon 64 3000+, 1gb ram, (fast computer) I installed all my programs and stuff the first 2 days, im on windows xp pro SP2. Ive been using my computer flawlessly for about a month now and all of a sudden My computer wont shut down until like 5 mins of waiting. I click shutdown computer and the thing just sits there at the desktop for roughly 5 mins then it shuts down. I used ad-aware 6, spybot S&D and norton av 2004 to search and delete all bad files but nothing will fix this problem. And I havn't downloaded or installed any new files recently.

Any ideas what the problem is?

It used to shut down in a matter of like 10 seconds!

hmm, maybe you could try ctrl+alt+delete and make sure there isn't any extra processes going on, which arent programs, but maybe things running in the background, that you don;t know about?? I don't know though.

tryed that, everything seem normal, this just started like 2 days ago, and nothing ive done is different, its so weird. I don't wanna have to do a reformat and re-install because there is important files on my hard drive ide like to keep. I dont have another computer to swap them to.

Well again, if all else fails, backup your important files to cd or USB drives, and then reformat would be my suggestion...

Back
Top Bottom