Crashing Computer.

e1cks

Baseband Member
hi

i have just put in some new ram on my computer and atfer doing so i had a bit of a problem getting the comp to power up, when it did the computer crashed within a few mins. now the comp will crash when ever it fells like it some times with in a few mins and other after a few hrs.

could the ram be causing my problems or is there some other likely reason for this to keep happening.

my comp is

MotherBoard - EQS a39p5-fl8
Processor - AMD Athlon 2600+
Ram - 512mb pc2700 (2 X 256mb)
Graphics - Geforce 2 mmx400 ( i know its old )

i have reinstalled windows and its made no difference, please please help me, its driving me MAD.

Thxs in Advance

e1cks

did you put the old ram in and did it work.

Never heard of your mobo or manufacturerer that could be a biggie.

Umm. just make sure that your old ram works and if not then it could be some static that was released on your mobo.

People have to be more lucky like me. I have spilled water on my hds. dropped them. spilled metal filings on my mobo. Spilled water on it.

One time i wasnt luckky is breaking a chip off my vid card. getting it fixed right now though.

Just reply back with that info and we will know if its your ram or possibly your mobo instead.

Ram

the old ram is still on mobo, i put in a 256mb that is Ment to be compatible with 99% of comps.

Ciao

e1cks

No still Have same problem

i took out the new ram and the computer is still restarting whenever it want to. This is realy realy driving me mad i can not get any work done.

now the computer comes up with a message sometimes after a restart that the computer has recovered from a serious System error something to do the ITP, also any time i do a full system scan using the virus scanner the computer get so far and either restarts the comp or just crashes. I tryed running in safe mode and the same thing happens.

could this be a result of a virus ?

Thanks in Advance

e1cks

Sounds like possibly a faulty mobo.

But you will want to check for viruses and update before.

Its most likely your mobo though.

can u plz recommend a good mobo for me then ?
( the cheaper the better ) also must me compatible with the current components.

Look for a MSI K7N2 I have had good success. Make sure it has atleast a 333 fsb on it.

You can use pricewatch.com to find a good price.

Back
Top Bottom