XP Doesn't recognise My CD Drives

FuRgy

BSOD
Hello,
I need a bit of help...This problem has been bugging me for ages now...and I have asked many people about it...But no-one seemed to have any useful/helpful answers :(.

I am currently running ME. I wanted to upgrade to XP Home so i upgraded...It updated successfully...After the setup it prompted me to restart My computer...Everything from there ran fine...It came onto the XP Welcome screen...and I logged on to my computer.
From here Everything was fine...Apart from windows did not recognise my CD and DVD Drives.......YAMAHA CRW8824E and ATAPI DVD-ROM 16X MAX....Why is this?

Make sure that you have your drives AUTO or Manually reconized in your bios. Some Drives are not atapi compatable and need drivers. Most do not. A reboot will sometimes show drives which were not there at first. Make sure the jumpers on your drives are set correctly for the ide port they are connected to. If your harddrive is on ide port one and set as a master, if your cd or dvd is connected to the same cable it must be set as a slave. If you have a seperate cable for you cd drives one unit must be set as a master and the other a slave.

Back
Top Bottom