I Want To Overclock My Cpu!!!!

Mental Liberator

Fully Optimized
i have a intel, 478 socket, 3.0 ghz P4 CPU now... i want to o.c. it and what are the bad sides of it and good sides... well i know the good sides, and will my cpu die faster or have any problems???? and can someone tell me how to overclock??? my mobo also i don't know if itl support it still if i o.c. it!!! all it says i supports intel pentium 4!!! its a

elite group 848p-a intel p4 fsb 800

ALSO HOW DO I CHECK WHAT MHZ MY CPU IS RUNNING ON because i think mine is a max of 800 but then i think it said 200 when i checked and how can i increase that???

http://www.bfgtech.com/5700LEOC_redux.html <-- this is my graphics card and i was wondering if its possible to overclock that...

thnx

PLZ HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i was also wondering!!! IF I OVERCLOCK MY CPU WILL IT GO HIGHER THAN 3.2? AND IF SO MY FAN ONLY SUPPORTS UP TO 3.2 GHZ~! WHAT WILL HAPPEN THEN?

Hmm..

No offense but you don't sound like an advanced computer user to me.. Atleast not an advanced overclocker.

Basically, FSB X Multiple = MHZ

For example 150 X 10 = 1500MHZ

You overclock by raising the FSB, but when temperatures start getting higher you risk stability problems or damaging your processor. Read up on some overclocking articles and be sure you want to take the risk.

BanChan said:
i have a intel, 478 socket, 3.0 ghz P4 CPU now... i want to o.c. it and what are the bad sides of it and good sides... well i know the good sides, and will my cpu die faster or have any problems???? and can someone tell me how to overclock??? my mobo also i don't know if itl support it still if i o.c. it!!! all it says i supports intel pentium 4!!! its a

elite group 848p-a intel p4 fsb 800

ALSO HOW DO I CHECK WHAT MHZ MY CPU IS RUNNING ON because i think mine is a max of 800 but then i think it said 200 when i checked and how can i increase that???

http://www.bfgtech.com/5700LEOC_redux.html <-- this is my graphics card and i was wondering if its possible to overclock that...

thnx

PLZ HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

First take a spelling lesson!!! and a grammer while your at it!
Second, why would you overclock your computer? p4 3.2 is fast!

well my max fsb is 800 and that is what it is runnig on right now, is there any motherboard that is MORE than 800 fsb????

I cant find out if your board has a AGP/PCI lock, you'll have to find out in the manual. It is very important when overclocking that it has the lock.

If it doesn't, as you overclock the FSB it overclocks you G/C and PCI cards. This seriously limits your o/c ability.

Secondly Elitegroup make budget M/B's, this as well as the 848 chipset makes for poor overclocking.

Check if your board have locks, if it does, post back full etails of your system and i;ll give you some advice.

Back
Top Bottom