Problem getting graphics card to work.

It's second handish, looks new but I got it off my brother, don't think he used it for long. I'm really hoping it's not broken. Would be a brilliant to get it working. My brother bought it new I think. I checked it for physical damage but it seems grand. Would it be possible to destroy it 'internally'? by messing up the settings or something? I can't see how. Fwiw, I'm not a total n00b when it comes to computers, I've been using them for years.

If you have another ATI card, it would do no harm to install the drivers 1st then slot the card in. But say if you dont see the bios etc and passing xp screens at boot up, then youve hooked it up wrong or its broken.

You sure you are putting it in the correct slot? If it's agp it goes in the brown one, if it's pci it goes in the white one. If you don't know what either of those are, I'd recommend taking it to a pc store and get them to sort it out :p

And your definately putting it into the AGP slot? Very strange. Try the card in a friends machine or get your bro to do it :)

Back
Top Bottom