Problem getting graphics card to work.

Wes

Solid State Member
Hey Everyone! I have just built a new pc. I have a dual monitor graphics card, which is a Radeon 64 ddr. When I put it in and boot up the monitor doesn't turn on. My brother (who's working in I.T. support) said you should just have to change sockets because of them being configured 1 and 2. He is eager for me to learn on my own as he did when he was my age and said just register on a computer forum, so I did! :D I have downloaded what I think are the right drivers but I amn't sure how to install them correctly. I'm only warey (spelling?) that if I do then it could fook up the settings with my old one. Which I don't know what it is because I made my pc from scrap lying round the house. I'm really eager to get this card working and would appreciate ANY help you guys offer. Thanks!

Wes

Huh have u installed the drivers? Download them and go to update driver or when u download them they come with the installer thing well my nvidia did anyways so have u done that?
U said u wasnt sure how to install them.

Your brother means plug the monitor into the other socket of the graphics card.

If that doesn't work go to www.ati.com and download the latest drivers then install them like you would any other program.

I was just thinkin there, it does actually turn the power saver off on the monitor. This obviously means it picks it up. When installing the drivers do I install them before I slot the card in or after?

Thanks for the quick replys. I have downloaded the drivers off of ati but I couldn't find out when to install them... And also computer freak, that's what I meant, I just didn't say it right...

Erm...I'm not too sure about this but if u go to -
Device Manager...located in the control panel....and sacrool down there should be a little yellow circle with an exclamation mark in it...Should say unknown device?
If you double click that, then go to re-install driver and specify the location that u downloaded it to...Should update your drivers for u...

Would it do any harm to just install the drivers, then throw in the card?

Wouldn't work.

Are you saying the monitor doesn't turn on when you have the card in? Have you tried plugging the monitor into it's other slot? The card might be broken did you buy it new?

Back
Top Bottom