IEEE 1394 - is this needed?!

Firewires don't have different sizes. It was internal or external? Internal would all be PCI - which all computers have. External it would be USB - which practically all PCs have. How old is it?

Lord Kalthorn said:
Firewires don't have different sizes. It was internal or external? Internal would all be PCI - which all computers have. External it would be USB - which practically all PCs have. How old is it?

how do i know if its internal or external? all i know is.. it is just a cable that is the same as the usb... but i don't know y it doesn't fit the plug into my digicam and pc. =(

You have a CD Writer? What are you using the Firewire for? A Cable from the Camera to the PC would be USB and would have come with it?

Lord Kalthorn said:
You have a CD Writer? What are you using the Firewire for? A Cable from the Camera to the PC would be USB and would have come with it?

yeah i have. i am using the firewire for transferring the videos into my pc... [that's its job right?] i have a usb... but it doesn't work for transferring videos.. it's just for transferring photos.. so i thought i need a firewire.. but when i bought it, it doesn't fit my pc.. i think it's too big.. waaaaaaaaaaahhh

Lol; it is. You'll need a Firewire PCI Slot; probably from the same place you brought the Cable. A good deal of PCs now have them, up to about 8, 9 months old will have it built in to the Motherboard?

USB is slower than a firewire so how can you have one that connects to USB

USB is to slow for digi photos and video

i gotta by me a firewire

its just a case of moving on his chair thats stopping me

doesn't matter guys.. i already bought a firewire.. and it is working now.. thanks a lot to all those who replied..

Back
Top Bottom