Minor bootup problem

dezza15

Solid State Member
Every time Windows XP home boots up on my PC, it gets to the welcome screen, then it comes up with a small dialog box, with no text in the title bar or the actual window, and it has two options, either yes or no.

I have always clicked no, but I don't know what I am clicking no to, as there is no text.

There appears to be no problem when I click no, but it's just annoying having the screen come up every time I boot it up.

I have not recently installed anything new, hardware or software, onto the PC.

Any help on it would be appreciated.

Thanks
dezza15

Do some nice system check (defrag, clearing old files). then an anti-virus, spyware checks. See what happens after your running healthy!

Thanks, but I have tried searching for spyware and viruses, a few unwanted pieces of spyware were found and deleted, but the box still comes on upon startup

well you could check what's rinning in the start-up list by going to START/ RUN/ type (msconfig) w/out the quotes.

then startup tab/ check the list to see if there is anything in there that should'nt be loading, if you find it..
then just disable it.

Have tried going into msconfig, and disabling all startup items, then all system items, rebooted it and the message still comes up.

When it pops up try going into task manager and going to the process then searching for the process and deleting it manually.

I've tried that but task manager won't come up when the welcome screen is still there.

Back
Top Bottom