What graphics card for a TFT??

pop80_uk

Beta member
Hi
My first post!
Right......
Currently I have a 64mb NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX 100/200
But some graphics on my new Samsung 171/1S TFT screen are bad compared to my Phillips 17in CRT at work, it displays excellently all graphics and runs on a Rage 64mb PRO. My Samsung 171/1S 17in TFT at home is not in my opinion as good quality as my works graphics on the Phillips. This is annoying as the Samsung was alot more expensive than a good quality CRT.
I however like the room I gain from using the TFT and also DVDs seem much better quality than the CRT.
The samsung operates at a max Resolution, 1280x1024 - and TFT's produce the best picture AT their maximum (native) resolution - scan rate slide to 60Hz with my Samsungs.

So WHAT graphics card do you all recommend? I have £50 to spend and dont mind if its from e-bay or a shop!!

Please help me this is driving me crazy!

P.s I want a graphics card which will give me the best quality picture on my TFT, I dont use my PC for games so this is not an issue. Just watching some DVDs, Photos, some art work. At the moment fonts are not sharp and pictures are not as good as I believe they should be!
Also Id like a little increase in performance for my £50 also.
Thanks again, look forward to your replies!

Your tft is not top of the line, tft's are poor in graphics, not matter what kind of card you realy use. When you picka cheap tft you aint gunna be pleased. But get a 9600 for the price, if you dont notice the improvement return it!

$80ish, but you cant realy compare it to that for pc market everythings a different price.

Back
Top Bottom