Backup Programs

Somerled

Beta member
Can anyone tell me about (preferably shareware) software to use to backup my hard drive? I heard Norton Ghost was hard to use. Money is an issue, time is not. I plan on backing up on CDs, unless this is a bad idea.

I want to back everything up before I download SP2. Thanks

Havn't you heard ?

Don't dl this ? It's all over the net.Besides use a 2nd hd or partision for saveing.
Saveing a Windows install never made much sense to me.

you can actualy back up from windows..then mabye split it up so it fits over disks?

SP2 will backup your settings and everything about Windows itself. A CD can do the rest. Anything else will either be crap if its shareware or expensive.

you dont need sp2. heck, dude that thing should be killed!

well i have to say that i've heard that SP2 has to be installed a sertain way, if not it can create caos on your computer.

i am waiting til all the bugs are worked out 1st, then i'll try it out...but until then....no way !!

yeh its like, we are microsoft you are our ginnea pigs. They just bundle out with whatever the want and let us test it. (winxp, ME, sp2, windows update) :p all the bad things they done to us!

What are you crazy folks all up about? I installed the Beta Perfectly while Watching TV and Encoding a CD. I then installed the latest ones doing the same and writing my Story - they both worked!

Yes your a lucky one but you do go under the office desk for bill gates.

Back
Top Bottom