AMD or P4

malakian88

Baseband Member
Alrighty, my third thread. I'm getting a brand new system for Doom 3 and some other newer bastard games. My only problem is deciding on the processor. It's going to be around 2.2 Ghz maybe more. So, whaddya think a - P4 @ 2.2 w/o Prescott - P4 2.2 with Prescott - AMD 2200+

I'm going with an ATi 9800 All-in-Wonder pro 128MB. (i really dont have enough money for the Geforce 6800...any of them) I've looked at a few benchmarks, and it doesn't seem too bad.

Memory, I'm a bit iffy about it. I'm going with 512MB Corsair. I'm really leaning toward 1 GB but I'm broke. Gimme some suggestions for good (cheap money wise) brands.

P. S. F*ck Compaq!!!

Please shell out for atleast a p4 2.8 ! 2.2 aint all good :D

and don't get ur 9800
get this one. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-127-127&depa=1 i hate saying this like 4000 times. but this card is in actuality a 9800xt.

and don't get an 2.2. it's going to be really really outdated in like 2 months, lol. and i don't think it will be able to keep up with the 9800. and it definitely won't play doom 3 well.

i suggest you get a AMD 64 2800+. It is only 140 USD and is an excellent performer.

and i'm not trying to be mean, but what is up with you newbs keep asking us to tell u what parts to get.
but u never list ur budget. what the hell dou want us to work on.
i'm sorry i came out like this, but it had to be said.

until u list ur budget. we can't help/.

2.2 is a little slow; a 2.8 will be a far better idea for Doom 3 - and if you're not getting an AMD 64 then I would recommend the Intel Pentium instead.

as for a 9800xt, yeh its good. But wouldnt it just be better to get a 6800! same bloody price.

Back
Top Bottom