Damn the sound card!!

iflabs

Baseband Member
Well, had my computer all setup an running, but my audigy 2 zs soundcard isn't working.

I have an intel d865gbf mobo. Upon boot, the computer detected the new hardware, and I cancelled the driver wizard. Installed the latest drivers for the sound card through a cd. Upon next reboot, it's still asking for drivers for the "multimedia audio controller" which I don't know what it is. There's only static and a low sound coming from my 7.1 speakers. Help?

iflabs said:
Well, had my computer all setup an running, but my audigy 2 zs soundcard isn't working.

I have an intel d865gbf mobo. Upon boot, the computer detected the new hardware, and I cancelled the driver wizard. Installed the latest drivers for the sound card through a cd. Upon next reboot, it's still asking for drivers for the "multimedia audio controller" which I don't know what it is. There's only static and a low sound coming from my 7.1 speakers. Help?
Relax as sound isn't that important for now.If everyrhing else is fine.
I have Audigy2 TOO.
Connecting this takes a lot of concentration,read the speakers and sound card connections it;s a pain i know.Print them out.i did.

sound is everything.

Try putting in the last PCI slot.

Windows recognizes the audigy 2 ad a multimedia audio controller until you get the drivers to install.

Yay!! I fixed it, now my first custom computer is fully functional. This is such a great moment.

I had the drivers installed and everything. The problem was the onboard audio. I deicded to turn it off on the bios screen and reinstall everything. Now it works great. Love that creatives 7.1 speaker set for only $100.

Back
Top Bottom